Over 65 million homes in the United States use natural gas every day, and it is important to know what to do in case of a leak. A few weeks ago in Harlem, 2 buildings were leveled and 8 people died due to a gas explosion. A few days later federal investigators uncovered the source of the explosion, a gas leak coming from a pipe that was over 120 years old. Gas leaks are far too common, especially in older homes and buildings. If there is any sign of a gas leak in your home, it is essential that you know how to react, and it is always smart to have a 24-hour plumber in Edwardsville standing by. At Culler Plumbing Services, we are proud to say that we have been serving our community for over 20 years and we can be there for you when you need us.
Knowing how to deal with a gas leak is essential for everyone, and it just might be the difference between life and death for you and your family. Gas is fairly easy to detect, it has a distinct sulfuric smell, like rotten eggs. If you smell gas, it is important that you drop whatever you are doing, go outside, and call your Edwardsville plumber. Not only is there a risk of explosion with a gas leak, if inhaled at the right level it can kill you.
Gas leaks are incredibly dangerous, so you should never attempt to repair a leak on your own. Our experts are available 24/7 and they are standing by, ready to help. Don’t risk your life, make sure that you are prepared for a gas leak by putting Culler Plumbing Services on your speed dial.