No one wants to have to deal with a clogged drain. They are incredibly frustrating, and they almost always happen at the most inconvenient time. Many people think that the first thing that they should do is contact their Fairview Heights Plumber, but the reality is that there are many things that you can try on your own to fix the leak. The following is a list of the tips for unclogging your drain like a pro:
- Hot Water- Try pouring a few cups of hot water down your drain. Be careful when pouring so that you don’t splash the water and burn yourself. Let the water stand for around 10-15 minutes and then plunge.
- Salt- Pour approximately a half a cup of salt down the drain, and follow it up with hot water. Continue to pour the hot water down the drain until the clog breaks up.
- Nair- If your drain is clogged because of hair, then try putting some Nair down your drain. You will need to let it sit for around a half an hour, and then pour hot water down your drain.
- Dish Soap- Pour some dish soap down your drain, followed by hot water.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar- Mix 1/3 cup of vinegar with 1/3 cup of baking soap, and then quickly pour it down your drain –it will fizzle, so stay prepared by keeping a towel close by. After the fizzling stops, pour hot water down the drain.
These are just a few of the many ways that you can unclog a drain on your own. For more tips, please stay tuned for our next blog.